1. Give your vehicle a few minutes to warm up in cold weather before shifting into driving gear.
2. At 15,000 miles or at least once a year, change the transmission fluid.
3. Always utilize your emergency brake on an incline to lessen strain pin and linkage.
4. Get your engine looked at immediately if it’s overheating otherwise you will not only have a bad engine but a bad transmission due to overheating as well.
5. If fluid level is low or leaking, do NOT drive your car. Get it serviced immediately.
6. If your vehicle gets stuck in snow or mud, don’t rock back and forth trying to get it out.
7. Avoid high performance starts.
8. When shifting from drive to reverse and vice versa, always come to a complete stop first.
9. Most tune-ups don’t include servicing the transmission so ask for the transmission to be looked over.
10. Don’t use your transmission for braking purposes. You will cause a lot of damage over time.
We work with most insurance and extended warranty companies!